Conservation Programs Intern Description:
Osa Conservation, an international non-profit organization, is seeking an energetic and self-motivated intern for our DC office each semester and during the summer. We are looking for someone who is interested in using his/her creative and technical skills to help us fulfill our mission to protect the globally significant biodiversity of Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula.
Osa Conservation strives to conserve the terrestrial and marine biological diversity of Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula through habitat protection, restoration & monitoring, wildlife monitoring, and education and outreach to both local and international stakeholders. We own and manage a private wildlife reserve in Costa Rica, and operate several biological research stations and a sustainable farm. Our facilities host volunteers, researchers and education groups.
Interns that work in our DC office will gain exposure to many facets of non-profit administration and will have the opportunity to assist with a wide range of projects and activities including conservation communications, marketing, graphic arts, and general project support. This is a great opportunity for students interested in non-profit management, conservation, and communications.
This is a part-time internship; we are looking for someone who can work 2-3 days a week around his or her academic schedule for the academic period. The internship is unpaid, but academic credit can be arranged.
Examples of projects include:
- help design and manage websites
- increase our website traffic via SEO and Google AdWords
- use graphic design skills to create marketing materials like infographics, brochures
- manage social media
- outreach to potential donors and visitors to our station and lodge
- research for marketing and fundraising
- editing and drafting grant proposals and reports
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to work independently on multiple projects
- Knowledge and passion for conservation, sustainable agriculture, spreading the conservation message
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google docs
- Spanish proficiency is not required but a plus
- Other desired skills include: WordPress, Salesforce, MailChimp, Social Media, Adobe Creative Suite
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org