Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Location: Osa Conservation Campus, Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
About Osa Conservation:
Osa Conservation’s mission is to conserve the globally significant terrestrial and marine biological diversity of the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica by implementing ecosystem stewardship, enhancing scientific understanding, providing education and training, and creating sustainable economic opportunities.
We believe in a holistic approach to conservation, one grounded in a systematic understanding of the ecological, social, and economic relationships that shape environmental problems. Our work is founded in science and supported by strategic partnerships, well-informed decision-making processes, and a strong commitment to improving lives through protecting nature. We recognize that in order for conservation to succeed, it must be coupled with science, community engagement, and strong systems of support upon which to collaboratively build a more sustainable future.
Summary of this Role:
This role requires the ability to manage multiple work streams to design and lead marketing and communication strategies in order to increase revenue linked to the number of visitors as well as their experience in the Osa Conservation campus.
The candidate must be highly organized, a team player, able to complete work in an efficient and effective manner, and must be solutions-oriented when it comes to problem solving.
This person should also be able to anticipate, prioritize, and address the needs of the organization before and as they arise. He or she must possess an entrepreneurial spirit and must be prepared for the associated challenges of working in a remote field setting (one hour away from the nearest town). This role is a unique opportunity to strengthen and contribute to a quickly-growing organization whose mission is to protect one of the last wild places on our planet.
Objectives of this Role:
1. Marketing and development
- Design, implement and lead a marketing plan for each of the Osa Conservation campus properties.
- Develop a plan to increase revenue linked to the number of visitors in each of OC’s properties.
- Create a database of universities, tour operators, tourists and researchers to exchange information and coordinate visits.
- Develop marketing strategies to improve communication with tour operators, companies and universities in order to promote and arrange visits to the OC campus
- Coordinate personal and individualized contact (calls, photos, videos, cards, etc.) to increase the number of visitors of the Osa Conservation campus.
- Produce social media material to actively promote the Osa conservation campus.
- Design and develop travel itineraries to increase the number of visitors
- Work closely with Field operations manager and finance director to identify needs and priorities of OC properties and tackle arising problems
- Manage, plan, and oversee visitors travel to OC properties by creating itineraries and coordinating with Field Operations Manager
- Manage reservations and follow up on previous guests.
- Supervise hospitality services offered in the OC campus and constantly seek ways to improve visitor’s experiences (volunteers, researchers, tourists, etc.)
- Assist with OC campus operations
- Tasks as assigned
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hospitality or a related field is a must
- Sufficiency in English and spanish required
- Exceptional ability in cross-functional collaboration
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to engage effectively with staff and partners at all levels
- Close attention to detail and quick turnaround time for work products
- Ability to live and work in a challenging remote field setting
- Must be solutions oriented, able to diagnose problems quickly, and have foresight into potential issues
- Ability to foster culture of teamwork and contribute to different issue areas across organization as needed
- Microsoft office and Google programs knowledge.
How to Apply
Send CV and cover letter with subject “Marketing and communications coordinator 2021” to the email [email protected] by July 15th 2021.